Tuesday 29 July 2008

Loving Boston, but missing the hubby...

I have totally fallen in love with Boston, AGAIN. I never forgot my love for this city, but being back has really reminded me how amazing a place this is! Dunkin Donuts is seriously on every corner (FAR out numbering Starbucks), you can walk the ENTIRE city pretty easily AND EVERYONE here wears Boston Red Sox gear. Now, normally I get annoyed by "posers" who only started to wear Red Sox apparel since the Sox won in 2004 (stupid band wagon fans!); but it is SO much fun to be surrounded by the Red Sox logo everywhere you go in this city.

One thing I didn't miss about this city: the RUDE city people. I was walking around my old campus (Boston University!!! THE BEST SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY--sorry bout all the caps, but BU deserves it) and I was spat on by a stupid little BU kid listening to his IPOD. I about bit his head off in front of a crowd of touring parents and potential students. I think I gave them quite a show...my bad. WHO spits without looking to see if there is anyone around that they might hit with their saliva bomb. Seriously...that boy is lucky I didn't Tae-Bo his sorry self across Comm Ave onto the T tracks.

On a side note, Jonathan left Boston to head back to England yesterday. We probably won't get to see each other until October 1st as the Air Force is "making him" go to Las Vegas for "training" for 2 months. Hmmm, lets see...the Air Force is sending a squadron of fighter pilots (who like drinking, gambling and women) to "train" in Vegas. Sounds like a great idea! Ha. In there defense, the guys and gals will be really busy. I am hoping to make it out there to see Jonathan; but my schedule this summer is pretty tight. I have a wedding on Labor day weekend, and then I HAVE to go to Hawaii with my parents :) (insert your sympathy here).

Enjoy the "English summer" gals and guys still on the Island! I miss you all.

1 comment:

-hh said...

if you, in fact, have been running as mentioned by your previous blog post, i may, in fact, have to kill you. i might even fly to hawaii and drown you whilst you are snorkeling. :)