Wednesday 18 March 2009

Just another Sunday morning drive...

This past Sunday I drove my friend Holly to the airport where she was catching a plane to Madrid. Her flight was pretty early, so we were on the road at 5:45am. There was minimal traffic, which was definitely nice, the sun was out (amazing!), and we were enjoying a nice little conversation. While chatting, we both were distracted when we saw a car stopped on the other side of the motorway while its driver appeared to be jogging around the car in a pink jumpsuit. On closer inspection, as the driver turned so that he was facing us, we realized that the "pink jumpsuit" was in fact his pasty white skin reacting to the cold air and we had a full on frontal view of his "jiggly bits" as he jogged. Talk about not being able to look away from a train wreck. Holly and I didn't talk for a couple of minutes after our sighting...mostly because neither one of us wanted to believe that what we had seen actually happened. I don't particularly want to see any naked man jogging on the side of a motorway, in particular a brit with pasty white skin (although, Jude Law is pretty dreamy....). Even if Brad Pitt was jogging naked on the side of the road I would probably still throw up in my mouth a little bit.

So, the question of the day is...what is the deal with flashers!?! I was flashed by a man asking for "directions" when I was in middle school, my mom was flashed when she was a girl on her way to CCD (Catholic sunday school), and almost all of my friends have similar "flasher" experiences. A note to all men: We (women) REALLY, REALLY don't need to see your bits and bobs out in public...take a look down south and you will realize that that region of your world is NOT all that attractive to us women-folk.

Maybe the naked man I saw jogging by the A14 was simply trying to get a little exercise, maybe he was falling asleep at the wheel and was trying to wake himself up, or maybe he is just, well, a freak! Whatever the case, it is NEVER okay to jog naked. Never, ever, ever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

erin,
does this mean i am ok to still jog in my sporty sweatpants and baggie sweatshirts?? i am still saying yuk at the thought of what you saw:{:{
in HIS grip, love, mom