Friday 29 May 2009

Amanda!



One of my oldest friends, Amanda, made the trek out to England to visit me this past April. Since she would only be here for about 4 days, we decided to stay local and check out London, Cambridge and Bury. It was awesome to catch up with Amanda, and I really enjoyed seeing some new things in London. Some of the highlights:

-Sushi (yum)-Touring Westminster Cathedral--chatting up the head of cathedral "security" and getting to meet the Dean of the Cathedral

-Riding the bus around London. Usually we take the Tube (which is underground). It was really neat to sit on the second level of the bus and watch the city go by...

-Taking a running tour around Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park. We not only got a nice hour jog in, but we also got to see some of the best sights in London. Below is Amanda's excellent attempt of a self portrait in front of the Palace for your viewing pleasure.

After London, Amanda and I spent a day wandering around Cambridge. We peaked into a bunch of the college campuses and made our way around the River Cam. On Amanda's final day in England, we spent the day in Bury walking through the market and the abbey gardens. I realized that I sometimes take for granted that I live in such a cute and charming little town. I also realized that I have not posted pictures of Bury...so I've put some of those up too.
All in all, I had a great time hanging out with Amanda and being a tourist in England.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

erin,
loved your pictures with amanda. it makes me miss my el pitzo girls.
can't wait to visit yo and jonathan. bury looks so cute!
in HIS grip, love, kathy