Sunday 1 November 2009

Country Roads.

Life has been pretty hectic since my last post. I got a job (woohoo!) and I started my last class for my DPT (woohoo!).

I am a community physiotherapist working for the NHS (National Health Service) in England. I drive A LOT for my job. It takes me about 1 and 1/2 hours to get to the office in the mornings, and since I am a community physio I drive to all of my patients homes-which are, on average, 30 minutes from my office. I initially was driving my car, an American left-side car sedan. Despite 40-point turns to park my beast in tiny English parking lots, I never exactly realized just how 'big" my car is for this country. These are pictures of two of the 60 mile per hour, "two-laned" roads that I take to get to some of my patients out in the country:


Needless to say, driving my left-sided car on these country roads was getting my adrenalin pumping...especially when a huge semi-trailer was heading directly at my car going 60 miles per hour.

I now drive our right-side drive British car and, although I still fear for my life multiple times a day, I know that I can at least see around bends and turns and if I hold my breath, I just might make it past that huge truck without a scrape. The bushes on the other side of my car, not so lucky...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

erin,
not happy with these pictures,, but i know you are in God's hands.
in HIS grip, love, mom